Thank you Jessica for tagging me! You are the best!
1. Best writing space?
This is a trick question, because if by “best” you mean “most productive place for you to not be distracted and get high word counts” then the answer is my office. I have this magical room in my house with a desk and a bookshelf and a computer, and when I sit in there and work on my book, something amazing happens: I write words.
HOWEVER – If you mean “best” by “place you prefer to be” then it’s on my butt, on the floor of the living room, watching TV with the computer in my lap. That is my favorite place to write – surrounded by my family and my dog and preferably Parks and Recreation on a loop on Netflix. Unfortunately, the word counts kind of suck when I do that. It’s really weird how the magic of the Office doesn’t float out of there and into the living room, but whatever.
2. If you could have dinner with any author, alive or deceased, who and why?
3. Favorite way to procrastinate when you should be writing?
Easy – Watching Netflix and checking Twitter only to realize there’s nothing new on Twitter only to realize I’m checking it again for no reason.
4. In less than 20 words, describe your current WIP.
There are four of them and I can’t pick which one to write first. This is a huge problem!
5. If your favorite writing genre didn’t exist (GASP), what would you write instead?
Probably self help books on how to deal with Superheroes and YA books not being a thing.
6. Favorite band to listen to while writing?
None – I can’t listen to music and write. It’s way more distracting than Parks and Rec. I know I’m the oddball writer because of this, but what are you gonna do?
7. Morning writing or night owl scribbler?
Both. As a full time mom and day job worker, I write when I can, where I can, as often as possible. Sleep is a thing I’ve often heard about but never do.
8. Favorite friendship in a published book?
I really like this question. Friendship is so often overlooked for romance in books. My answer will have to be all of the members of the DA in Harry Potter. If I have to explain it, then you just don’t get it. :p
9. If you could write a book to capture the heart of a song you love, the song is?
10. When the movie of your book gets made, who’s the dream cast?
Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play any and all male roles I’ve ever written or ever will write in the future and Scarlett Johansson to play Crimson from Powered. Those are my two main dream cast actors. For everyone else we’ll let the casting director figure out.
Happy Friday, everyone!