It’s a new year and it’s time to set some goals publicly on the blog. Because nothing helps with accountability more than posting your business online for all to see. In 2015, I managed to quit my day job, pursue writing full time AND get my first real book deal! I’m hoping the successes only get better in 2016.
- Last year I set a modest goal of 30 books for the Goodreads reading challenge and I read 38. So this year I’ve upped my reading goal to 45 books and I’m excited to use the new Paperwhite I got for Christmas to help reach that goal! If we’re not already Goodreads friends, you can add me and we can cheer each other on as the year progresses!
- I also have a goal of organizing my bookshelves. They’re pretty bad, and it’s mostly because I have run out of bookshelf space and so now books are two rows deep and scattered all over the place. You know how heavy bookshelves start to sag in the middle? Yeah, that’s all of mine. So I plan on taking care of this problem in 2016. I wanted to turn the entire living room into a floor-to-ceiling library, complete with that awesome rolling ladder, but my family kind of thinks I’m crazy. So I guess more bookshelves will have to do.
- Write and publish Supercross Me, the sequel to Motocross Me.
- Promote the hell out of City of Legends, which releases in a month!
- Get an agent. Yep, this is very scary but I am jumping back on the query train this year and hoping to find a literary agent as I pursue my career as a hybrid author.
- Finish BUSG (the secret YA project) and pitch it for traditional publishing.
- Plot, Outline, and write SDS, another secret YA project.
So there they are! My writing/reading related goals for the year ahead. What are your goals? Do you set them ahead of time or just wing it? Let me know in the comments!